Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Mornings

This is my second morning in Sedona - the first one I'm really able to enjoy since yesterday didn't count because I still wasn't conscious. I'm sitting in my living room with my front door open and looking out at this amazing view of the beautiful red rocks. The birds are chirping, it's a nice sunny 63 degrees and it is so peaceful as I sip my first cup of coffee. Every once in a while I stare at the blank TV screen, glad that I have not turned it on. I don't seem to want to hear Matt and Meridith or Kelly & Regis or Kathy Lee and Hoda. I would much rather hear the peaceful chirping of birds. I remember when I first moved to Phoenix and noticed how different the bird chirps were. There was this one bird that sounded like a cell phone. In Sedona, the sounds are even different. There's one bird that sounds like a bull frog.

Sterling is so happy. The front door is all glass so he can sit and watch the neighborhood, when he's not in the backyard which is so beautiful. Aside from the other amazing red rock view, there are beautiful rose bushes of different colors and other very pretty trees and plants. There is a red rock path that has been created to walk around the garden. The only reason I'm not out there writing is my need for comfort. The chairs out there are not comfy so I will go out and buy one today so I can set up my writing "room" on the back porch. The yard has open fencing, like we had back East, not high brick walls that divide neighbors like we had in Phoenix. I didn't realize how much I missed that. Sitting in nature is so important to me and I haven't been able to do that for so long.

I think I'll finish unpacking the car today and go explore West Sedona. I'm actually in the Village of Oak Creek, which is before you get to the actual tourist part of Sedona. For those of you who know the area, I'm about a mile north of the Outlet stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment