Friday, May 29, 2009

Now that my stuff is gone.....

Here is sit - in the family room, on my office chair, my laptop in my lap, my feet up on a little table, looking at my TV on a folding table. That is the only furniture left in this house besides my bed (decided the $2,000 mattress was worth keeping), the TV stand in my bedroom and my entertainment Center. Just couldn't give that up because I found I might be able to get $100 - $200 for it because the inside does not accommodate a big screen. Since I love the piece, I decided to store it, along with my bed and boxes of the rest of the stuff that I'm not taking with me to Sedona.



I will admit, parting with the sectional was challenging - that's where I spent most of time while home. It's really the only thing I thought twice about giving up. The rest of the furniture was no big deal, nor were the pictures, art pieces and other stuff that has defined my style. Then I realized that this was the place that I've lived since my divorce. It's the place I learned how to be me again. It's the place where I got back to being the person I am today. Three years of growing and figuring out what I wanted to do and who I was going to be. It's been a great place for me during this very happy time of my life. And now I'm ready to move on to the next chapter, the next adventure.



So tomorrow is all about packing what is left and Sunday morning is moving day - to the storage unit I rented, the up to Sedona. More to come........

No comments:

Post a Comment